HISTORICAL / ERGONOMIC
CHIN REST for violin or viola
YOU CAN ORDER YOUR CHIN REST ON THIS PAGE.
We make and help you design the chin rest according to your wishes!
Fill out the form below with your wishes or questions, when ordering.
DOMESTIC -New York State only, click on "BUY NOW" , $140 plus $10 shipping and handling, =$150
DOMESTIC -not New York State, click on "BUY NOW" , $140 plus $23 shipping and handling, =$163
For International orders please fill out the form below and specify your country
We help you can create your own version and dimensions!
The "regular version" is over the tail piece, and is fairly flat from left to right.
The cork can be reduced
1. African blackwood, "regular design", height over tailpiece 1"2/16.
2. Same with rosewood. However, we have had clients with allergy reactions to this wood, who did not know that they were allergic before.
3. Again, rosewood picture with different curvature
4. Side chin rest available with various heights and curvatures
5. padauk wood pictured (reddish), with a lower height over the tailpiece
4. cedar pictured
Original 19th century historical chin rest inspiration
However, most violinist are in need of a chin rest, especially in shifting to a lower position and feeling secure anywhere on the violin, with, or without, a shoulder rest. Often the head and chin pressure becomes involved and, if not checked carefully, discomforts can arise.
Many of the finest performers of our time have found this chin rest to be a great aide in the discovery of a greater ease in playing, especially under pressure.